• Forgetting all the hurt inside you learned to hide so well

by  • July 25, 2011 • * Safe for Work *, Grief • 6 Comments

Dear life,

Stop making me feel so alone. How did I end up like this? How do I have no one? I’m not a bad person. I’m not weird. I try to be there for people. Someone I ended up completely alone. I’m not the most important person to anyone. And I have to go back to school in 5 weeks to be even more alone. What did I do to deserve this? I feel so empty. I wish this would go away.

Lost and alone

6 Responses to Forgetting all the hurt inside you learned to hide so well

1. Scyllarus
      July 25, 2011 at 8:23 pm

You’ll be okay, I promise.

You’ll go to class and meet someone brilliant. Talk to them after class, go get a coffee.

You’ll learn that sometimes being strong isn’t worth it. No one thinks you need them, and so they’re never there.

Just…realize that someone has seen this letter, and I love you and wish you well.

2. anon
      July 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm

This is exactly how I feel. But we’ll make it through somehow.

3. Abby K.
      July 25, 2011 at 9:34 pm

I am so truly sorry. I cannot promise you that it will get any better or any easier, but only that I understand what it is to feel this way. You are not so completely alone in that sense; lost though you may be, I too am where you are.

If you should happen to find your way, be sure to share your direction.

4. Dawn
      July 25, 2011 at 10:18 pm

I won’t tell you that everything will end up fine. But there’s a high probability it will. I relate to how you feel so well– I, too, am alone. All I can say is stay strong and things can change. Don’t ever give up. Ever.

I’m sure you’ll find your way. Just like, someday, I might too.

So thinking about it that way, you aren’t alone, because people are going through the same thing you are, right?

You’ll make it through this.

5. Alyssa
      July 26, 2011 at 4:25 am

I just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone. There are probably tons of people that do love and care about you, you just don’t know it yet. Please stay strong and persevere. It will get better. A few weeks ago I did feel totally alone, being in a foreign country studying abroad with another school, but over time, it got better. Just keep going. And please, don’t give up, no matter what.

6. A