• To the best friend who’s leaving-

by  • July 23, 2011 • * Safe for Work *, Fear • 10 Comments

I wish that I could explain to you how much you mean to me. I was a completely different person before we met. I was quiet, shy, never fully trusting another person. You’ve shown me that it’s ok to be who I am, and that the people who really love me won’t think any less of me for it.

I wish I could tell you how much I love you. But there just aren’t words, are there? The friendship we have is the kind that only comes along once in a lifetime. The kind where we can know what the other thinks and feels without saying a word. You mean everything to me- there really isn’t another way to put it

I wish you nothing but the best in your new life. It breaks my heart knowing that I won’t see you every day. I genuinely hope that you find all the happiness you deserve.

But I’m scared. I know it’s selfish, but I need you. And I need you to need me. It terrifies me that you could find someone else to pass the time with just talking like we have in your new life. Your friendship means more to me than anything else ever has, and I would be completely lost without it. I would like to think that I’m irreplaceable to you, and that there isn’t another person who could take my place in your life. But I’ve never thought that highly of myself.

Please don’t replace me. Please remember to call me when you can. I’ll always answer, and I’ll always be there for you. No matter what happens.

I love you to the moon and back

All my love,
    Your broken-hearted friend

10 Responses to To the best friend who’s leaving-

1. Saddened and Sorry
      August 20, 2012 at 6:56 am

You are everything. I know you think that my boyfriend has an input but to me, you are the greatest person there is. You are so incredible! We have never fought. Not properly, ever! And if we have it was my fault because I am a massive drama queen! Which you of course all ready knew.

I know how it feels to think that you will be replaced. I can’t help but think that maybe someone from Mary’s will replace me. I love you so much, and you’re right there is no words to describe it! I gravitate towards you. You are so irreplaceable. I could never be as close to someone as I am to you, and no not even my boyfriend. (I couldn’t gossip about him to his face?) :L

I wont replace you, simply because I don’t want to. I never will. You are so special to me! You are the only person I can call when things get crappy or if my mam shows her dark side.

I do need you. More than you think! I can truly be myself and only myself around you! I don’t think I can be like that in my new life. No, I KNOW I cant be myself in my new life with anyone! I trust you with a million times more things than any of my other friends! Don’t you think its incredible that you managed to be one of the most IMPORTANT people in my life so easily?

I am so genuinely sorry for leaving. I am. I can’t say it any other way! But please understand I’m not leaving you, I’m just leaving this place! You are way to incredible to be left behind! I have never been so close to someone in my entire life! I guess I took that for granted all the years we were together everyday.

I love you. I always will. There is NO replacement for you. None. Its impossible!If I was replaced, of course, I would be the saddest person in the world. And that is no exaggeration. I will miss you terribly. There is no one, who could make my school days happier than you.

All of my love and beyond,
      Your Also Broken-Hearted Friend

2. Ivy
      November 28, 2012 at 12:57 am

You called me your “bestfriend” and you said no matter what ill always be that to you even if you arent mine. Where did we go wrong? Why did we let this happen? Its wasnt easy to do what i did. If i had the choice, id stay there with you. Everyday, those words “you left me” repeat in my head. I never wanted to hurt you. I never wanted things to be all messed up like they are now. I didnt want to leave but i had no choice.

What did you want me to do? What did you want from me?

3. A
      January 13, 2013 at 7:36 pm

This note could have been written by me- I’ve been having almost these exact thoughts about my good friend who just left. I want to be happy for her as she starts this new chapter in her life, and I am, but there’s also a selfish part of me that wishes she had just stayed instead. If she were to see this letter and didn’t look at the date, there’s a good chance she would think I wrote it.

4. muskan
      July 17, 2013 at 11:11 am

very well written

5. P.a.t.l.m
      August 10, 2013 at 2:38 am

I’m selfish too. Things have been so fucked up. I need a new start. I need new people. I need to see new faces.
      Faces that won’t recognize me. People that won’t know who I am. Won’t judge me for what i’ve done.
      I love you. We are and always will be best friends.
      Nothing, not even distance, can change that. I’ll meet new people and so will you. We’ll always be in each others hearts. Ill always love you.
      Our friendship is more than gossiping and parties and movie marathons and cute boys. Its a bond. Stronger than any i’ve known.
      I wish you would happy for me. Happy that i finally have the guts to start afresh. I know everyones selfish but every sad look you give me weakens my resolve to leave.
      Be happy for me. Please.

6. fondueshit
      August 12, 2013 at 9:30 am

for the love of god leave already. everyone is on the same page leave and never look back. like on owl to rub it in., ne3ver look back

7. Twin Flames
      December 14, 2013 at 7:31 pm

The close-ness of these two is is only surpassed by Siamese Twins

8. Don't forget to write
      January 5, 2014 at 7:13 pm

9. I love you to the moon and back ?
      January 6, 2014 at 11:07 am

Next time you say that line, use that line on a man….

Your rocket ship is going to blow up.
      —————————————————————-

Apparently that works well for you.

10. You have no earthly idea