• To all the writers of anonymous letters,

by  • July 20, 2011 • * Safe for Work *, Buck up!, Inspiration • 7 Comments

I sit here reading all the letters people will never send. As I read them I realize: Life’s a bitch. Get over it.

I know, I know. I’ve been there too. The heart break, the loneliness, the sorrow. But seriously?

Most of these letters should be told to whomever they were meant to go to. The biggest mistake of your life is not letting whomever break your heart and cause you such grief. Its not telling them the truth and what you feel!

I’m sick of reading such pissy letters about “how I should have…” Or “why couldn’t I….”

The truth is this:

You can! It’s never to late.
    You only live once.
    Life’s short.
    Why not spend it the way you really want to.

7 Responses to To all the writers of anonymous letters,

1. fellow reader, former writer
      July 20, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Pretentious much? Don’t be such a jerk.

2. Cindy
      July 20, 2011 at 4:11 pm

Don’t read them if they bother you so much.

3. Grace
      July 20, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Sometimes it isn’t about telling the person it is about knowing you can just get your thoughts out.

4. hope
      July 20, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Sometimes the letters shouldn’t be sent-sometimes people sacrifice things and here is where they tell people about it, about things someone they love doesn’t need to know. Sometimes it is impossible to go back, and this provides some comfort. Sometimes just posting the letter inspires the writer to take hold of life and say what should have been said long ago. And sometimes people have nowhere else to go. I understand why you feel “sick” of reading these, but have some compassion. Reciprocate the understanding and instead of condemning people, have empathy for them, feel their pain for a little while. That is why I read them-to feel for people I have never met and try to encourage them with kindness. try it sometime.

5. A
      July 20, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Dear Pot,
      Felt pretty good to get that out, huh? A little lighter with that off your chest?

Yeah…us, too.

Cheers,
      Kettle

6. Me
      July 20, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Unfortunately, sometimes it is too late to fix things. And sometimes it does more harm than good to send a letter or email or make a phone call. It’s actually very healthy for people to express their feelings, feel like they are being heard, and make peace.

7. B
      September 2, 2011 at 3:19 pm

It’s true, happiness is a choice. I used to say that was bullshit, but now I firmly believe it. We all have shit, some more than others, but life never gets anywhere close to easy.