• you’re awesome.

by  • July 14, 2011 • * Safe for Work *, Self-Esteem • 8 Comments

I’m sick of living in a world where complimenting yourself is being arrogant.
    You. You, yes you. How many times have you turned down a compliment?
    “Haha yeah right, I don’t look nice today. Thanks anyway.” Etc.
    No. You know you look nice today. Admit it! What the fuck is wrong with that?
    Has society really brainwashed us into believing only the bad about ourselves?
    Here’s a list of wonderful things about me that I will gladly admit:
    I am loyal.
    I have a niice ass. Not gonna lie.
    I get every guy I really go after. Right now it’s my favorite thing about me.
    I’m helpful.
    I’m super smart, just not really every-day-simple-things. Haha.
    I’m frickin’ hilarious! I can make people laugh until they cry. I love this about me.
    I have a beautiful face. You do too.
    I’m a good kisser.
    I’m a fantastic listener.
    I’m a badass and a good girl.
    I have long legs. They be sexy šŸ˜‰
    I volunteer at a nursing home often. šŸ™‚
    I am a strong, strong girl. My dad’s an alcoholic, I have juvenile arthritis, I’ve had my heart broken so.thoroughly that you wouldn’t even believe it! But through all the pain & suffering I love my life and I smile everyday šŸ™‚
    I’m random as hell.
    I laugh at things noone else does.
    I sing loudly on my walks, usually third eye blind. Or panic! At the disco, man do I love me some panic šŸ™‚

So, you know…I could probably write an even longer list of what I don’t like about me. But instead of focusing on those negative things, I will forget them and remember everything up there ^ šŸ™‚

If you feel the same way as me, me being a restless and hopeful teenage girl, leave a list of what you love about yourself in the comments or write a new letter about it! šŸ™‚ i’d love to see it. We all would.

8 Responses to you’re awesome.

1. Uncool
      July 14, 2011 at 3:02 am

Not to sound too narcissistic but here goes nothing *breaths in*
      I tend to turn someones rotten day into that of lulz, usually with people who are to stress out.
      I use a lot of self-deprecating humour which seems to make people laugh, especially when talking about taboo things and shining a humouristic light on it.
      I think I am handsome (according to the LVN who took my vitals)as we were talking about nursing school and what not.
      I’m a nursing student and proud to be part of a profession that cares about people nuff said.
      I’m in all respect nerd – science, biology, anatomy, gaming, anime etc. I’m into.
      I love mma and know a lot about the sport, organizations, and the fighters.
      I’ve always had a curious mind to learn anything and everything.
      I have always had a strong empathetic connection to people who suffer and would do anything to take their pain away.
      I’m an active listener to my patients as well as those who need a shoulder to cry on and just need to talk to someone.
      I love listening to great female singers the world over from Alison Sudol from A Fine Frenzy, Lights, to Becky Jean Williams from LNA, it inspires me in so many ways.
      I’m also proud to say I am a writer and have written for other websites besides LINS and will continue to do so because the letters here make it easier to express my thoughts and feelings around every day issues that society doesn’t cover all the time.

Umm I think thats I can say for now, ran out of ideas. XD

2. kyle P.
      July 14, 2011 at 8:50 am

I would just like to say your awesome. lol. XD theres nothing wrong with that. just wish i could do the same.

3. Just Me
      July 14, 2011 at 9:24 am

Well, it is really hard to admit this stuff without prefacing it with something like, “Not to brag!”, but here goes:

I’m a really good singer.
      I’m actually fairly pretty – I’m no knockout, but I have big eyes, really nice hair, a nice body, and cleaned up a bit I’m lovely. (My friends and my boyfriend helped me admit this to myself, for which I love them.)
      I’m a good writer – I love and understand language, and sometimes I express myself more eloquently through the written word than through talking.
      I’m smart. Near-genius smart. No, this isn’t me taking my self-love too far in my excitement – I’ve taken an IQ test before and I was one point away from what is considered genius status.
      I’m fiercely loyal to and protective of those I love – there is nothing more important to me than my friends, family, and boyfriend.
      I will always be there. I am the shoulder people cry on, I am the one who will always ask if you want to talk about it, I am the one who hears a total stranger throwing up in a bathroom stall and asks if she needs anything.
      I make people laugh with my sarcasm and surprisingly dirty comments – and at the same time, I really am the good girl everyone says I look like. šŸ™‚

4. Andrew
      July 14, 2011 at 11:39 am

This is a great idea! I often forget to focus on the good parts of me. Here it goes:

I love that I’m a family person, that I’m close to my siblings, and that I could easily spend lots of time with them. I look forwad to the day that we all have kids who hang out with each other all the time.

I love that it doesn’t take much for me to be content. A simple walk, long or short meditation, or a book read can take me far. I’m fairy self-entertaining and I don’t depend on others to make me happy.

Although I never have been in a serious relationship, I love that I’ve had the opportunity to further enrich myself over the years. I know that I’m preparing myself for someone special. I am just learning to love myself more and more.

I like how introverted I can be because it certainly has allowed me to gain deep insights that others may not stumble upon or appreciate.

I love my ability to express emotion. The “guys” may not always be all-ears for that and may simply just want to chill and not think at all, but hell if that’s what’s on my mind, I’ll speak my mind over being silent.

I love that I’m curious about the world, adventurous, and ask lots of questions. I love to learn outside school and am not afraid to admit that one of my favorite places to visit are bookstores.

I love that I’m independent and can go out to places on my own without the constant yearning for some companion. I may not be talking for a few hours, but my mind is sure working and observing the world.

I love myself.

5. olivia c.
      July 14, 2011 at 5:07 pm

im kinda taking this as a personal challenge cause i have a really big problem with low self esteem. lets see what i can come up with:

im decent looking most days. some are better then others.
      if you need to talk i listen. i might not always have good advice but im here.
      i can be crazy and funny around my friends and can really make them laugh.
      i dont get caught up in all the drama most girls do.
      im actually a pretty good writer sometimes.
      i can draw better then most people i know but thats not saying much.
      i can usually take a joke.
      i dont try to change myself for anyone else.
      i keep relationships for a lot longer then most middle/high kids i know.
      im creative when i really wanna be.
      i like my sense of design sometimes.
      i can turn my pain into pretty good poems, drawings, etc.
      thats about it.

6. kelsie
      July 15, 2011 at 12:31 am

Wow, all of you sound like absolutely excellent people, you really do. I’m so glad I wrote this letter,
      I hope you read over what you wrote about yourself and realize how stunning you are. šŸ™‚
      Andrew, I’m glad you love bookstores. I do too! Nothing to be any sort of ashamed of!
      Olivia, way to go. I’m so happy to hear you don’t change for anyone. I wish everybody was like that.
      Uncool, nerds make the world go round. You sound amazing.
      Just me, you sound like the kind of girl i’d love to be bestfriends with. Basically you sound super awesome and I’m glad you’ve learned to accept some of your awesomeness! šŸ™‚
      I hope to see more of these responses!

Maybe from kyle up there šŸ˜‰

7. Rin
      July 15, 2011 at 7:17 am

I may as well give it a shot! Though I feel the need to add a “not actually full of myself” disclaimer at the beginning…(listing my positive traits isn’t quite my forte!)

I’m pretty, a natural blonde hair and blue-eyed girl with a face made for smiling. Even old ladies who bought ice cream where I used to work would tell me that I am (they always made my day!).
      I love making people laugh, and it usually works.
      I smile and laugh A LOT. It’s always nice to share a smile with someone. šŸ™‚
      I’m a fairly decent artist (in terms of drawing), and I make jewelry of high enough quality that I could sell it.
      I’m incredibly optimistic.
      I’m smart, even when I think I won’t do well. What I know contributes to my nerdy jokes.
      I’m a nerd, but a cute one, haha. I love to make plays on words and witty science/math/computer science jokes. My sense of humor is quirky and fun (one hint: I love rubber ducks, and usually keep about 50 in my dorm room).
      I go out of my way to be nice to people because I love making others happy. Baking, making notes, giving gifts, complimenting, hugs, all the works. This year I played the Easter bunny in my dorm and hid eggs every day for a week for my friends (and they never knew where they came from!).
      I love my friends and family, and will always be there if someone needs anything.
      I’m very creative. My imagination and appreciation for the natural beauty of the world mean a lot to me.

Hope that wasn’t too long! I’m not conceited, I promise!

8. kelsie
      July 15, 2011 at 9:39 am

You are absolutely awesome rin šŸ™‚ not conceited at all! Its not bad to know how great you are, and you really do seem like a ray of sunshine haha.