I never asked for this, I never wanted this, I didn’t create this, YOU did.
You were supposed to be my family, but you hurt me with the truth, just so you could justify your own stupidity.
You tried to destroy me with the truth, and it might have worked for awhile. Although, I didn’t have the chance to run from it like you did. I had to stay, and deal with it every damn day. And from not running, I’ve realized that there is a lot of good that came from such a horrible situation, and a lot of lessons I learned.
– First, and foremost, my mother ENDED the cycle of abuse. And I will forever be grateful for that.
– Second, even though she couldn’t protect herself from him, she became a social worker, and saved a lot of other children’s lives.
-Third, I’ve realized how important it is to get an education, and not be dependent on a man, so I never have to watch my child be hurt and choose not to believe them, because I’d have no one to support me.
– Four, I’ve screwed up many relationships and friendships, since you told me what you did, because I can’t tell anyone else, but it’s something I have to deal with every damn day.
– Five, I’m stronger, because I learned how to forgive, and move on. I learned that good people, do bad things.
– Six, you might have destroyed me once, but I came back stronger than ever. And for that, I THANK YOU.