• Without you.

by  • September 12, 2010 • Acceptance, Grief, Heartbreak, Love - Pure and Simple, Yearning for You • 6 Comments

I’m here for everything.

Anything you think, anything that’s going on, anything and everything about your life- tell me. Tell me because I love you and I feed off of our conversation.

Don’t cut me off or count me out. I’m in, I’m all in, for the long haul, for the final win. I’ve lost enough of you already. I’m going to need a small piece of you to keep me breathing.

Things may be be hard to say. Things may be hard for me to hear. Our lives go on without each other, and there’s no way to stay at a standstill until we are with each other again. I don’t want this life without you, just as I don’t want you out in the world without me. For now, that’s the way it is.

I can’t tell you not to fall in love. I can’t tell you not to have the time of your life. It’s going to hurt to hear about it all, but I still need to know about you, the good, the bad, the everything. I might cringe and I might cry thinking of you happily in love without me, but that’s life: life is painful. Life is nothing without emotion. I’m here for the experience.

Make me hurt. Make me bleed. Somehow I’ll live. I’d rather hurt with you than without you.

I love you, and I miss you.

6 Responses to Without you.

1. A
      October 4, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I wish this was written for me…..sigh….

2. .
      October 5, 2011 at 7:39 am

What for? Is that what love is?

3. A
      October 5, 2011 at 2:29 pm

There was this man that I knew – We had a whirlwind romance – I love him to the very core of my being and I still do. But even after everything we remained friends. It hurt to know that he was loving someone else but at least we were friends but then one night at the old bar he used to play at -I saw him…and her – On the way there I had a feeling that I’d see him but just brushed it off – and when I saw them together it knocked the breath out of me. I literally could not breate – thank heaven my best friend was there to help me stand. I didn’t think I’d get so emotional and I froze – I simply froze – our eyes kept meeting but I didn’t even make a move to say Hi! How are you! – He tried but smiled and waved and I just pretended to stare right through him like he wasn’t even there. That’s when it all ended – no more emails, nothing. I apologized for my behavior but I couldn’t change it after it happened. I’ve tried making conversation but it doesn’t work. Yes, I am deeply hurt and we always said that we couldn’t bear to see the other with someone else – I was just hoping that in some way he still felt the same and just wanted me in his life in way at all and just like the letter says – “I’d rather hurt with you than without you”. So, yes I wish this had been written for me. I just want him to be back in my life – even it’s only through emails…..

4. @A
      October 5, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Just creates false hope. You’re better off without contact but that’s just me. If it’s gone, it’s gone and usually for a reason. No regrets, no turning back time possible anyway. Sad but reality it is.

5. ANEWDAY
      October 5, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Yes, don’t settle for less than you deserve. In time, as cliche as this sounds, there will come along someone who will appreciate you and want to make that life long commitment, rather than saying promises that were never meant to be kept. It’s hard to get pass the pain. I’ve been there, but in a way there is still so much out there waiting for you in life. Don’t let it pass you by. Do something that makes you happy and in time the right person will come into your life realizing that it’s you that they want. You are an amazing person. Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you aren’t.

6. ANEWDAY
      October 5, 2011 at 6:26 pm

That was for “A” who wrote that comment