• Friend?

by  • September 12, 2010 • Friends, Grief, Loneliness, Lost Love, Yearning • 7 Comments

So.. I’m a 20 year old female who lives in NYC.

I’m actually pretty, I get compliments alot. I’m a very sweet person & want to make EVERYONE happy before I make myself happy. But it’s a Sunday night and I feel like crying once again.

I have no friends & I’m depressed. I spend my weekends home sleeping or on the internet looking for things to pass the long boring hours.

All the people who I thought were friends all of a sudden up & left. I gave them everything I had, was there for them at 4am or when their parents kicked them out & they just up & left me.

The only friend I had before this was my boyfriend but he left me, too cuz he didn’t love me & didn’t want to hurt me. He was the one person that was there thru everything. IT HURTS SO BAD.

I can’t seem to make any new friends & my heart is broken in a million pieces. I just want ONE person to listen to me. ONE person I can call a friend. I want to SCREAM & cry :'(

Another weekend wasted staring at a phone & FB pg with no messages. Am I really a bad person? Why don’t I have any friends?

7 Responses to Friend?

1. me
      September 12, 2010 at 10:08 pm

I really had to take a step back and realize that I didn’t write this, we might as well be the same person right now. I’m here for you girl.

2. Lindsay Lohan
      September 12, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Pity parties only exacerbate your depression. Get a new haircut, call a family member… You’ll be feeling better in no time! I promise that you will be happy eventually. You have to endure the rain before you get to see the rainbow. Keep your head up!

3. anne
      September 13, 2010 at 5:54 am

i feel you. i’m going through the exact same thing myself. support from my side of the world…

4. a dude
      September 13, 2010 at 6:52 am

i feel the exact same way

5. OKC Chick
      September 13, 2010 at 12:40 pm

I hope that by telling you that I’m in the same situation, that we can both feel a little bit better to know that we aren’t truly alone in the world.
      Clearly, there is something that we are destined for (and it ISN’T loneliness!!!).
      Everything happens for a reason, and you have to keep searching the world over to find whatever it is you’re looking for.
      My bf of many years dumped me, and “took” all of “our” friends with him.
      My heart aches for companionship. I keep my head held high, and meet everyone’s glances, searching for the sign of a spark.
      Maybe one day, I will find my savior. Stay strong, girl.

6. ns
      September 17, 2010 at 7:46 am

internet friends are better than no friends, pen pals always help. there are people here who will be there for you, if for no other reason than that they can. reach out, everyone could use someone to talk to

7. amber
      March 14, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Misery loves company, and you’re in luck. I feel the same way here at college. I have no friends and was diagnosed with depression. Things have gotten better now that I’ve switched medicines, but times are still tough. Just know that you are a beautiful and wonderful person, and sooner or later things must get better.
      I wish you the best of luck in life. It has to get better than this.