• Limbo

by  • September 10, 2010 • Depression, Grief, To Everybody • 7 Comments

i have no reason to be sad.

i have a great life, great family, great friends. school comes easily. on the outside i’m a normal kid. i seem happy.

but i’m not happy.

maybe it’s just not enough, maybe i’ll never be content. all i know is i don’t want to live. i find the world meaningless. i feel like i want to scream.

but i just keep on smiling and let everyone pretend i’m ok. but i know i’m not. i think about taking that one final step, but i can’t do that to them, leave them blaming there-selves for my problems. and yet i can’t get it out of my mind, how easily i could make it for myself. every day i get closer and closer to the edge. i stare down hoping someone will pull me back.

if only they could see how close i was.

7 Responses to Limbo

1. admin
      September 10, 2010 at 6:46 pm

Please know that the feelings you are having are temporary. You need to get help – it is out there but YOU need to ask for it. You have already taken the first step by letting us know.

Now take the next step by getting professional help. It’s as easy as going to this website and locating a center near you: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis_Centres/
      Or simply pick up the phone and call the Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 if you’re in the US.

Your family loves you, your friends love you, WE love you. You owe it to everyone to take care of yourself!

We hope to hear from you soon – happier and free from this feeling of limbo.

2. Val
      September 10, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Hey honey. I hate it when people say this to me, but I know exactly how you feel. I know how deeply depression can affect a person and I know how much you want someone to see how broken you’re feeling. My advice to you is this: You’re a better actor than you think you are. The odds are, no one realizes how you’re feeling and they never will unless you let someone know. You have options. Anti-depressants can help. So can talking to your friends, or your parents, changing your diet, or your environment, getting more exercise and many other things. And listen, the fact that you haven’t killed yourself yet proves that there’s a part of you that wants to live. The fact that there’s nothing really WRONG in your life that’s triggering these feelings means whatever is wrong is in your brain chemistry. And that is a fixable problem, even if it feels like it isn’t.

3. Hope
      September 10, 2010 at 10:40 pm

I lost a friend to suicide when I was just thirteen. Please tell someone, anyone how you are feeling. Losing someone like that leaves a scar that can never heal.

4. Jack
      September 13, 2010 at 11:30 pm

Hey you’ve made it this far, besides life isn’t all that long anyways.

5. Jessica
      September 14, 2010 at 6:44 am

It seems like you are feeling symptoms of depression. Depression is not the end! I promise promise promise, there IS hope! I was depressed for 5 years of my life. I felt myself going closer to that edge… I wanted to jump, and I tried to… Life had other plans. PLEASE, stay strong and push pass it! You will be so much stronger for it in the end. And talk to someone about it. Believe it or not, if you ask for help there are people out there willing to give it to you. I am willing to give it to you and I am just a stranger, so imagine how the people who love you will come running to you to help! It is better to ask for help and get better, than to stay hurt.

6. Lynne
      September 20, 2010 at 2:10 am

please please get help. This letter is now 9 days old.I hope you have found somebody to talk to. I’ve ended up in hospital 4 times but it HAS helped me. Ive had depression since I was 40yrs old and am now 56 so yes you can live with it.Everything seems so black and white and no grey when your like this.
      Please take care and be good to yourself

7. C
      February 5, 2011 at 12:03 am

Dude, try psychedelics and learn the nature of reality and universe, you’ll find your meaning in a new perspective.