• worst advice ever

by  • February 28, 2010 • Knock it Off • 7 Comments

I’m so sick of hearing people say “you’ll meet someone when you stop looking/ stop thinking about it.” That’s bullshit. Worst advice ever.

7 Responses to worst advice ever

1. hollyworld
      September 15, 2010 at 8:01 pm

I agree. I am begining to believe that every single person has a cliched book that they get this stupid idea from. :)Keep your head up!

2. srsly
      September 15, 2010 at 10:05 pm

actually i met the love of my life when i was looking for no one at all…idk maybe it isn’t true for everyone but it was for me. best of luck to all of you

3. FlutteringHeart
      September 16, 2010 at 4:24 am

It’s true. Of course deciding which one is the one for you is very tricky:)Don’t just take the first one that comes along…have the perfect picture of someone that you would like to meet and they may just come along:)

4. katey
      September 16, 2010 at 4:38 am

I don’t know if “not looking at all” is necessarily always the best advice. but I met my fiance when I looked at the people closest to me, that had actually stuck through thick and thin, instead of people I had just met.

5. Allen
      February 26, 2011 at 4:13 pm

This has happened to me several times. Whenever I ‘try’ and meet someone special I always fail and get frustrated. If I simply enjoy life and do the things that I love, I tend to meet people that I enjoy surrounding myself with (friends and otherwise)

6. Lizzy
      February 8, 2012 at 3:52 pm

dont look for love. beg for love. or suffer for love. do what you love, and you will find someone who loves the same thing.

7. Anon
      November 26, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Tried that; ended up being more blinded and suffered deeper! So not sure if I should take the jump and look for the man I cannot get out of my head and heart or let that shit go.